Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Park is closed
Wúndu camping area
Wundu camping area has two separate and partially shady sites near a dramatic sandstone escarpment with views to the east.
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Toilets (non-flush)
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Motor home camping
- Tent camping beside car
Camping area features: two separate camp sites.
Location: 6km from the turnoff on the Einasleigh-Forsayth road.
Access: Four wheel drive and off-road camper trailers are recommended. There is no access during the wet season.
Number of sites: two designated sites.
Camp sites are suitable for: tents or off-road camper trailers.
Camp site surface: grass.
Shade: partial shade.
Open fires: allowed only at your camp site (except when fire bans apply). Use existing fireplaces if provided. Firewood must not be collected from the reserve. Fuel stoves are recommended.
Generators: permitted at your camp site only but must not exceed noise levels of 65 dB(A) at a distance of 7m from the generator.
Essentials to bring: drinking water or water treatment devices and rubbish bags. Read more about before you visit.
- book online
- visit an over-the-counter camping permit booking office or self-service kiosk
- phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68). Mobile phone charges may apply.
Mobile phone coverage: unreliable
- Wet season closure: Canyon Resources Reserve 1 November 2020 to 31 March 2021