Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Wúndu camping area
Wundu camping area has two separate and partially shady sites near a dramatic sandstone escarpment with views to the east.
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Toilets (non-flush)
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Motor home camping
- Tent camping beside car
Camping area features: two separate camp sites.
Location: 6km from the turnoff on the Einasleigh-Forsayth road.
Access: Four wheel drive and off-road camper trailers are recommended. There is no access during the wet season.
Number of sites: two designated sites.
Camp sites are suitable for: tents or off-road camper trailers.
Camp site surface: grass.
Shade: partial shade.
Open fires: allowed only at your camp site (except when fire bans apply). Use existing fireplaces if provided. Firewood must not be collected from the reserve. Fuel stoves are recommended.
Generators: permitted at your camp site only but must not exceed noise levels of 65 dB(A) at a distance of 7m from the generator.
Essentials to bring: drinking water or water treatment devices and rubbish bags. Read more about before you visit.
- book online
- visit an over-the-counter camping permit booking office or self-service kiosk
- phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68). Mobile phone charges may apply.
Mobile phone coverage: unreliable
- Upcoming wet season closure: Canyon Resources Reserve 1 November 2020 to 31 March 2021