About Canyon Resources Reserve
Canyon Resources Reserve rises above the surrounding landscape to an elevated plateau with a distinctive upland woodland of dense small trees. The camping area is nestled in a forest full of colour—the yellow bark of the abundant Eucalyptus similis (yellow jacket), the tiny yellow flowers of the low shrub Jacksonia quinkanensis, the red flowers of Grevillea decora and the stunning orange flowers of Eucalyptus chartaboma. Short walks through the forest lead to a cliff edge with panoramic views to the east.
- No dirt bikes or quad bikes are permitted for use within the reserve.
- Everything in the reserve is protected; leave everything as you found it.
- Respect cultural sites; do not take anything or disturb anything.
- Leave pets at home; domestic animals are not permitted in resources reserves.
- Take rubbish home as bins are not provided.
- Use the toilet facilities provided and do not place any rubbish in the toilets.
- Protect creeks and lakes. Do not allow your waste or any chemicals or detergents to enter the watercourse.
- Limit the spread of weeds by ensuring clothes, shoes, gear and vehicles are clean and free of seeds before arriving at the reserve. Remove, wrap and place seeds in your rubbish.
- Drive on formed roads as shown on the map . Driving off-road damages the environment.
- Avoid driving on unsealed roads during and after heavy rains.
- The use of firearms is not permitted in resources reserves.
- Fossicking is not permitted in the resources reserve.
- See the guidelines on caring for parks for more information about protecting our environment and heritage.
Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) manages the protected area to conserve its natural, cultural and historic values.
For tourism information for all regions in Queensland see Queensland Holidays.