Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Camping in Brooyar
Brooyar State Forest west of Gympie features a variety of forest types, panoramic views from a high cliff-top lookout and cool rainforest creeks.
Camp with a tent, trailer or van in the open grassy area of Glastonbury Creek camping area fringed by shady rainforest trees.
Camping permits are required and fees apply. A tag with your booking number must be displayed at your campsite.
- Bookings are required prior to arrival.
- Dogs are permitted but must remain under control and on a leash.
- Preferably bring a fuel stove. Firewood is not supplied. If you plan to use the fire rings provided you must bring your own firewood (untreated mill off-cuts). Collecting firewood from the forest is illegal.
Glastonbury Creek camping area is an open grassy area at the base of a hill.
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Campfires allowed
- No showers
- No barbecue
- No picnic tables
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- No generators allowed
- Dogs permitted (on leash)
- Planned hazardous tree removal and camping ground maintenance program. 8–29 January 2021