North-west of Gympie, Brooyar State Forest features sandstone cliffs and scenic forests. The camping area lies in the hills between Widgee and Glastonbury Creeks. This quiet retreat contains rainforest, open eucalypt forest and hoop pine plantations.
Brooyar is just 20min north-west of Gympie or a 2.5hr drive north of Brisbane.
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Campervan camping
- Motor home camping
- Scenic drive
- Dogs permitted (on leash)
- Photo credit: Matt Raimondo © Queensland Government
- Photo credit: © Ben Blanche
- Photo credit: Ross Naumann, QPWS volunteer
Highlights and announcements
Does your dog love new adventures just like you? There’s no need to leave your pooch pining for you at home when there’s long walks, new smells, and plenty of exploring to be had by your four-legged friend.