Camping in Broadwater, Abergowrie
Changes to camping bookings
On-site self-registration is no longer available. Campers must obtain an e-camping permit and pay their camping fees before arriving at the camping area. Book your camping area:
Broadwater camping area, in Abergowrie State Forest, provides a large, open, grassy setting surrounded by tall, open eucalypt forests.
Camping permits are required and fees apply. A tag with your booking number must be displayed at your camp site.
This is an e-permit camping area—all camping must be booked in advance; self-registration is no longer available.
Fires are only permitted in the fire rings provided. Campers need to bring firewood as it is no longer supplied and must not be collected from Abergowrie State forest.
- Generators are permitted between 9am and 12pm (midday). Generators must only be operated at less than 65dB(A), when measured 7m from the generator.
- Domestic animals are not allowed in Abergowrie State Forest.
Camp sites are not powered.
Camp in this broad grassy camping area surrounded by eucalypt forest, and spend your days walking, swimming, canoeing and relaxing.
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Campfires allowed
- Barbecue (wood/fuel/coin)
- Picnic tables
- No wheelchair access
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- No dogs permitted
- Wet season safety information: significant stream rises Broadwater, Abergowrie State Forest 28 October 2022 to 6 April 2023