Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
About Broadwater, Abergowrie
Broadwater is a great place for a day visit. It has covered picnic areas with gas barbecues, picnic tables, toilets and cold showers. Choose from short walks, swimming, birdwatching, or just relax and enjoy the peace and tranquility that the forest has to offer. The sizeable open areas cater for large groups, making it a popular destination for school groups during the week.
Parks and forests protect Queensland's natural diversity and scenery. Help keep these places special by following these guidelines.
- Dispose of all rubbish in the bulk bin near the entrance to the park.
- Light camp fires responsibly using the fire rings provided and do not collect firewood within the park. Where possible use a gas or fuel stove. Obey fire restrictions.
- Never chase, scare or feed animals.
- Leave pets at home—domestic animals are not allowed.
- Broadwater is in cassowary territory. Be Cass-o-wary.
- Be considerate of other campers by minimising noise. Running generators (including vehicles to charge batteries and fridges) and compressors is only permitted between the hours of 9am and 12pm.
See the guidelines on caring for parks for more information about protecting our environment and heritage in parks.
Broadwater forms part of Abergowrie State Forest, which was first gazetted in 1965. Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) manages the area to conserve its natural, cultural and historic values.
Rainforest and Reef Information Centre
142 Victoria Street, Cardwell QLD 4849
ph (07) 4066 8601
Managed by Great Green Way Tourism Incorporated.
For information on road conditions contact:
RACQ (The Royal Automobile Club of Queensland)
ph 1300 130 595 for 24-hour road reports
For tourism information for all regions in Queensland see Queensland Holidays.
- Safety advice: flying foxes at Broadwater camping and day-use area, Abergowrie State Forest 11 January to 1 March 2021
- Wet season safety information: significant stream rises Broadwater, Abergowrie State Forest 4 January to 1 March 2021