Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Rugged mountains rise abruptly from the wetlands, saltpans and mangrove forests of the coastal plain. Alligator Creek descends in a series of cascades, deep pools and waterfalls.
Alligator Creek 25 km south of Townsville; Cape Cleveland 33 km south of Townsville; Bowling Green Bay 64 km south of Townsville and 26 km north of Ayr.
- Barbecue (wood/fuel/coin)
- No campfires
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Telephone (pay phone)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Tent camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Bowling Green Bay National Park, Alligator Creek Section road maintenance 22–26 February 2021
- Planned upgrades: Alligator Creek visitor area 9 February to 30 June 2021