Visiting Boat Mountain safely
Getting there and getting around
Boat Mountain is 12km north-east of Murgon. Head north out of Murgon along Gore Street which becomes Boat Mountain Road. Travel for 9km along Boat Mountain Road then turn right into Levers Road. After 600m, turn left into Daniels Road. Continue 1.4km then turn right into Hebbel Drive and drive another 1.4km to the park.
From Goomeri, head 2km towards Nanango then take the Murgon Road 4km to the Manyung Road turnoff. Drive 4.5km then veer right into Reifs Road. Continue for 3.5km then turn right into Daniels Road. Continue 2.8km to the park.
There are no wheelchair-accessible tracks or facilities in Boat Mountain Conservation Park.
For your safety ensure that you:
- Plan your trip carefully.
- Inform a reasonable person of your itinerary.
- Carry adequate supplies of food, water, fuel, vehicle spares and medical supplies.
- Observe and comply with all regulatory and closure signs.
Please take care. Mobile phone coverage is unreliable.
For more information, please read the guidelines on safety in parks and forests.
In an emergency
In case of accident or other emergency:
- call Triple Zero (000)
- advise the location and nature of the emergency
- stay on the phone until you are told to hang up.
The nearest hospital is located at Murgon.
Before you visit
Essentials to bring
- Pack a first-aid kit, sunscreen, insect repellent, sturdy shoes and hat.
- Bring drinking water.
- Rubbish bins are not provided. Please bring rubbish bags and take all recyclables and rubbish with you when you leave.
- Bring a gas stove as no open fires are allowed.
- Bring you camera and binoculars for viewing wildlife.
Boat Mountain Conservation Park is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Domestic animals are not permitted in Boat Mountain Conservation Park.
Climate and weather
In summer, the average temperature is approximately 35oC, and the maximum temperature can reach up to 40°C. Throughout the winter months, the average temperature is approximately 20oC and minimum temperatures can drop below 5oC.
The average annual rainfall is 774mm, with most of it falling over the summer months.
Fuel and supplies
Fuel and supplies are available in Murgon and Goomeri, 12km and 24km respectively from the conservation park.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.