Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Camping in Bladensburg
Stay awhile on the banks of Surprise Creek and enjoy abundant birdlife at the shady Bough Shed Hole camping area.
The camping area is divided into the northern Mulga section and southern Spinifex section with a day-use area between them.
- Access to Mulga and Spinifex sections may be restricted at times—check park alerts for access conditions before leaving for your trip.
- Camping permits are required and fees apply.
- A camping tag with your booking number must be displayed at your camp site.
- Please camp with minimum impact and take all rubbish with you when you leave.
Read more about looking after the park.
Be alert and prepared for changes in weather. Even small amounts of rain on the park or in surrounding areas can cause floods at any time of year. If heavy rain or minor flooding occurs, move to higher ground.
Camp beside Surprise Creek, and see wallaroos, red kangaroos and abundant birdlife at the permanent Bough Shed waterhole on a dirt/grass surface.
- Tent camping
- No caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Campfires allowed
- No showers
- No barbecue
- No picnic tables
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- No generators allowed
- No dogs permitted