In the Blackbutt Range, a scenic forest drive leads through rainforest, hoop pine plantations and eucalypt forests containing blackbutt, tallowwood, white mahogany, gums and ironbarks to small flats beside the inviting waters of Emu Creek.
The Brisbane Valley Rail Trail and Bicentennial National Trail pass through Benarkin State Forest.
About 150km or two hours drive north-west of Brisbane, the final 16 km to camping areas is via winding gravel roads.
- Barbecue (wood/fuel/coin)
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Motor home camping
- Scenic drive
- Trail bike riding
- Dogs permitted (on leash)
- Showers are currently closed at Benarkin State Forest due to dry conditions. 15 March 2021 to 14 March 2022