In the Blackbutt Range, a scenic forest drive leads through rainforest, hoop pine plantations and eucalypt forests containing blackbutt, tallowwood, white mahogany, gums and ironbarks to small flats beside the inviting waters of Emu Creek.
The Brisbane Valley Rail Trail and Bicentennial National Trail pass through Benarkin State Forest.
About 150km or two hours drive north-west of Brisbane, the final 16 km to camping areas is via winding gravel roads.
- Barbecue (wood/fuel/coin)
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Motor home camping
- Scenic drive
- Trail bike riding
- Dogs permitted (on leash)
Highlights and announcements
Does your dog love new adventures just like you? There’s no need to leave your pooch pining for you at home when there’s long walks, new smells, and plenty of exploring to be had by your four-legged friend.
- COVID-19 South East Queensland lockdown 4–7 August 2021
- Showers are currently closed at Benarkin State Forest due to dry conditions. 15 March 2021 to 14 March 2022