About Bartle Frere
Please help protect this area and keep it in its natural state.
- Do not chase, scare or feed animals.
- Take all rubbish home with you, including food scraps.
- Use fuel stoves only. Open fires are not permitted.
- Always stay on the trail. Do not cut corners or create new tracks.
- Wash at least 50m from creeks and rivers. Use gritty sand, hot water and a scourer to clean dishes. Avoid allowing soap, detergents, toothpaste and cosmetics to come into contact with creeks.
- Toilets are not provided. Use a trowel to bury toilet waste and paper. Dig a 15cm hole at least 100m away from watercourses and tracks. Take all sanitary items home with you as they do not decompose.
- Remember this is a national park—everything is protected.
See the guidelines on caring for parks for more information about protecting our environment and heritage in parks.
Wooroonooran National Park forms part of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area. It is managed for the purposes of nature conservation and nature-based recreation.
Atherton Visitor Information Centre
Corner Silo Road and Main Street, Atherton QLD 4883
Ph: 1300 366 361
For tourism information for all regions in Queensland see Queensland Holidays.
The natural, cultural and historical significance of Bartle Frere