Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Visiting Baga safely
Baga National Park is 29km north-east of Rockhampton, about halfway along the Rockhampton – Yeppoon Road. Baga and its car park are easily visible as you travel east along Yeppoon Road.
Also see: Baga National Park locality map
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities in the national park.
To enjoy a safe visit to this area, please:
- wear suitable clothing and carry plenty of water
- notify someone of your plans and advise them of your safe return
- be prepared to encounter wildlife. Snakes, spiders and stinging insects are common so know how to respond
- do not rely on mobile phones. Coverage is limited in this area
- be aware of the weather and plan for it
- heed safety advice. Signs warn of potential dangers and are there for your safety
- carry a first-aid kit and know how to use it.
For more information, please read the guidelines on safety in parks and forests.
Essentials to bring
Enjoy your visit by remembering to bring:
- a first-aid kit
- insect repellent
- sun protection
- plenty of drinking water.
Baga National Park is open 24 hours a day, all year round.
Permits and fees
In most cases, permits or fees are not required to visit Baga National Park. However, commercial photography permits are required if you intend to sell any photographs taken in the national park. Organised event permits are also required for organised group activities that may interfere with the general public use of the area. For permits contact us.
Domestic animals are not permitted within the national park.
Climate and weather
Baga National Park has a mild subtropical climate but summer days can be very hot and humid. It is best to visit during the cooler months of the year, from April to September. For more information see the tourism information links below.
Fuel and supplies
Fuel and supplies are available at the nearby townships of Rockhampton and Yeppoon.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.