Sundown National Park camping areas closed due to wildfire
Closure status: A facility or feature within the park is closed
- Fire closure or access restriction
- 19—27 September 2023
- 19 September 2023 4:20pm
- 22 September 2023 9:29am
This alert applies to the following park:
- Sundown National ParkSouthern Queensland Country
Sundown National Park camping areas have been closed due to wildfire.
The following camping areas within Sundown National Park have been closed due to a potential threat to visitor safety from an approaching wildfire:
- Burrows Waterhole camping area
- Nundubbermere Falls camping area
- Red Rock Gorge camping area
- Reedy Waterhole camping area
- Sundown remote bush camping
The Broadwater camping remains open at this time.
Refunds for camping permits can be applied for via your online account at qld.gov.au/camping.
Please monitor park alerts on the department's website for updated information.
Please observe all signage, barriers and directions from rangers and do not enter closed areas.
Facilities will reopen when conditions are considered safe.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.