Fires Prohibited - D'Aguilar Backcountry Bush Camps
Closure status: A facility or feature within the park is closed
- Park or facility closure
- 19 September 2023 to 1 January 2024
- 19 September 2023 10:30am
This alert applies to the following park:
- D'Aguilar National ParkBrisbane
Seasonal fire closures apply to all South D'Aguilar backcountry bush camps between September and January to help protect people, property and wildlife. Fires are prohibited due to seasonal fire danger.
During a QPWS fire prohibition the following cooking appliances are still permitted, but they must meet the following requirements:
- The appliance must use gas or manufactured fuel. Manufactured fuel does not include heat beds, briquettes, timber or wood.
- It must be used only for cooking.
- It must be a minimum of 20cm off the ground and more than 2m from flammable material, which includes vegetation.
- It must not have the potential to generate airborne embers, or possibly ignite nearby ground fuels.
- It must be fully self-contained (heat source enclosed and no exposed flame) and never be left unattended when in use.
Due to the changed conditions the visitor experience may be affected.
For your safety please use caution whilst visiting the park.
For your safety please obey all fire restrictions.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.