Temporary road and camping area closure: K-Tree Road, Maple Creek Road and South Johnstone camping area. Temporary partial road closure: Sutties Gap Road, Misty Mountains, Wooroonooran National Park
Closure status: A facility or feature within the park is closed
- Park or facility closure
- 12 May to 30 September 2023
- 12 May 2023 4:04pm
- 22 May 2023 11:19am
This alert applies to the following parks:
- Misty Mountains wilderness tracksTropical North Queensland
- Wooroonooran National ParkTropical North Queensland
- Palmerston (Doongan), Wooroonooran National ParkTropical North Queensland
Visitors are advised of the following road closures on the Misty Mountains road network in Wooroonooran National Park:
- K-Tree Road (from Palmerston Highway to South Johnstone camping area)
- Sutties Gap Road and Maple Creek Road (from the Hinson Creek trailhead). Note the first 3km of Sutties Gap Road from the Ravenshoe side remains open.
The road closures are due to major road damage caused by a landslip. Repairs are underway.
For campers: as access is not possible due to the landslip, the South Johnstone camping area is temporarily closed until further notice.
- the Hinson Creek trailhead is accessible by vehcile along Sutties Gap Road only. The road is closed beyond this point with a locked gate.
- the Gorrell trailhead is not accessible by vehicle due to the road closures.
A map of the Misty Mountains area can be found here.
For your safety, follow all directions from signs and rangers.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.
- Camping bookings
- Book online at www.qld.gov.au/camping