- 15 November 2022 to 31 May 2023
- 15 November 2022 10:13am
Marine stingers and other dangerous marine life are present, especially during the summer months, in the waters off K’gari (Fraser Island), Hervey Bay and the Great Sandy Strait.
- Marine stingers have been reported by swimmers on the western side of K’gari (Fraser Island) in particular Platypus Bay and around creeks, including Awinya and Wathumba.
- Several visitors have been stung in recent years, with symptoms requiring paramedic attention.
- Medical assistance is limited on K’gari (Fraser Island) and visitors are advised to take this into consideration.
- Marine stingers and some other marine life can cause serious injury or death.
- Swimming is not recommended.
In an emergency: dial Triple Zero (000).
Your safety is our concern but your responsibility.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.