Annual closure period for all Lamington bush camping areas
Closure status: A facility or feature within the park is closed
- Park or facility closure
- 1 December 2022 to 31 January 2023
- 2 November 2022 11:11am
Due to the annual closure period, all remote bush camping sites are closed from 1 December to 31 January the following year (2 months), to enable natural regeneration of the sites.
As a result, the following camping areas are temporarily closed for the duration of the annual closure period:
Bush camping—on-track sites
- Mount Bithongabel bush camp site
- Echo Point bush camp site; and
- Illinbah bush camp site
Bush camping—off-track remote sites
- Point lookout remote bush camp site
- Rat-a-Tat remote bush camp site
- Stinson remote bush camp site
- Lost World—Creek remote bush camp site
- Lost World—Saddle remote bush camp site
- Running Creek remote bush camp site; and
- Darlington remote bush camp site
Camping permits for all closed areas are not available for the duration of the closure.
Observe all signage, barriers and directions from rangers, and do not enter closed areas.
Commercial tour operators and other permit or agreement holders are not permitted to enter closed areas.
Please note this closure does not apply to the Green Mountains camping area and adjoining Great Walk walkers' camp, as they continue to operate normally and are open for bookings.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.