Flood damage - Purling Brooks Falls and Warrie circuits, including 'Great Walk'
Closure status: A facility or feature within the park is closed
- Park or facility closure
- 27 September to 10 October 2022
- 23 September 2022 12:51pm
- 30 September 2022 8:10am
As a result of flood damage, due to severe rainfall event on Thursday 22 September, whereby Springbrook received 300mm of rainfall in <24 hours, some walking tracks are temporarily closed until declared safe. Flood waters have caused flash flooding/fallen trees/landslides/rock falls/washouts/track scouring/other hazards and damage to park infrastructure.
Walking tracks that are temporary CLOSED includes:
- Purling Brook Falls circuit - Public access to Gwongorella picnic area, western lookout and Settlement Day-use Area remain open. There is no through acces from Settlement DUA to Gwongorella picnic area or the western lookout.
- Warringa Pool track - Due to closure of Purling Brook Falls circuit
- Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk - The closure applies to the Springbrook section between Apple Tree Park to Purling Brook Falls/Settlement Camping Area, due to closure of Purling Brook Falls circuit.
- Warrie circuit
Walking tracks that are OPEN includes:
- Twin Falls circuit; and
- Best of All track and lookout;
Commercial tour operators and other permit or agreement holders are not permitted to enter closed areas.
QPWS rangers are currently working on repairs. Observe all signage, barriers and directions from rangers, and do not enter closed areas.
Park Alerts will be regularly updated regarding conditions on park. The next update will be provided by Monday 10 October 2022.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.