Track closure - Purling Brook Falls circuit including Springbrook section of the 'Great Walk' track
Closure status: A facility or feature within the park is closed
- Park or facility closure
- 27 September 2022 to 31 March 2023
- 23 September 2022 12:51pm
- 19 January 2023 9:27am
As a result of flood damage due to severe rainfall event on Thursday 22 September, whereby Springbrook received 300mm of rainfall in under 24 hours, some walking tracks are temporarily closed until declared safe. Flood waters have caused fallen trees, landslides, rock falls, washouts, track scouring, and other hazards, including damage to park infrastructure.
Walking tracks that are temporarily CLOSED include:
- Purling Brook Falls circuit - Public access to Gwongorella picnic area, western lookout and Settlement day-use area remain open. There is no through acces from Settlement Campingn Area or DUA to Gwongorella picnic area or the western lookout.
- Warringa Pool track (due to closure of Purling Brook Falls circuit)
- Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk - The closure applies to the Springbrook section between Apple Tree Park and Purling Brook Falls/Settlement Camping Area (due to closure of Purling Brook Falls circuit).
Walking tracks that are OPEN includes:
- Best of All track and lookout;
- Canyon lookout;
- Cougal Cascades track;
- Goomoolahra and Boojerahla Falls lookout tracks;
- Natural Bridge circuit;
- Twin Falls circuit; and
- Warrie circuit;
Commercial tour operators and other permit or agreement holders are not permitted to enter closed areas.
QPWS rangers are currently working on repairs. Observe all signage, barriers and directions from rangers, and do not enter closed areas.
Park Alerts will be regularly updated regarding conditions on park.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.