Mon Repos Turtle Encounter tours
- 29 August to 31 October 2022
- 29 August 2022 10:29am
- 13 September 2022 6:52pm
This alert applies to the following park:
- Mon Repos Conservation ParkBundaberg
Ticket sales for Mon Repos Turtle Encounter tours opened on 1st September 2022. Book a spot and join our Park Rangers on a guided Turtle Encounter tour for your chance to see majestic female turtles laying their eggs (November to January) or watch young hatchlings dig free and hustle down the beach (late January to March).
- Mon Repos supports the largest concentration of nesting marine turtles on the eastern Australian mainland. This is the most significant loggerhead turtle nesting population in the South Pacific Ocean region. Successful breeding here is critical for the survival of this endangered species.
- A turtle’s arrival can’t be predicted—some nights multiple turtles arrive early, sometimes only a few arrive at a time, and some turtles arrive after midnight.
- A moderate level of fitness is required for the Turtle Encounter tour—for some of the evening you will be outside on the beach.
- You may be required to walk up to 1.6km (return journey) at night in natural light or with limited light in some sections and stand on uneven surfaces for approximately one hour. This walk to view marine turtles traverses sandy surfaces, including short steep sandy sections on vegetated dunes, and boardwalk ramps.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.