Portable toilets mandatory for Teewah Beach camping zones
- 15 March 2022 to 31 January 2024
- 15 March 2022 4:33pm
- 24 May 2023 8:22am
This alert applies to the following park:
- Cooloola Recreation Area, Great Sandy National ParkSunshine Coast
All campers staying within the Teewah Beach camping zones 1 to 7 must bring and use a portable toilet for the duration of their stay. A minimum of one portable toilet per camping permit holder is required.
Portable toilets must have a sealed waste holding tank and must be transportable and suitable for emptying into a portable toilet waste disposal facility. Bag and open bucket style toilets are not permitted.
Disposal waste facilities are available for use by campers at the following locations:
- Second cutting, Noosa North Shore.
- Freshwater day-use area, (beach camper service bay).
- Clarkson Drive, Rainbow Beach.
Note: This is a permanent management change for Teewah Beach.
It is an offence to camp at Teewah Beach camping area without a portable toilet, penalties apply.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.
- Camping bookings
- Book online at www.qld.gov.au/camping