- 1 February 2022 to 30 March 2023
- 1 February 2022 8:47am
- 27 September 2022 12:58pm
This alert applies to the following park:
- Inskip Peninsula Recreation AreaSunshine Coast
Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) reminds campers of the need to maintain high personal hygiene standards whilst camping in the Inskip Peninsula Recreation Area.
QPWS would like to remind all visitors to maintain high personal hygiene, including washing hands frequently with soap and water, particularly after visiting the toilet, and when preparing food and before eating.
For the health and wellbeing of our park visitors and staff, and to limit the spread of illness visitors are recommended to:
- Wash hands often with soap and water, if this isn’t possible use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser before preparing food, eating and after going to the toilet.
- Ensure all campers have a personal towel for hand drying.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue.
- Ensure your campsite is located away from other tents.
- Where possible, bring your own portable toilet.
- Keep your rubbish secure and dispose in bins provided or take home.
- Stay at home if you or any members of your group are unwell.
- Keep a personal supply of drinking and washing water during your stay.
Check Park Alerts regularly for updates on current park conditions.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.