Temporary closure: Wajil walk (Kearneys Falls walking track), Goldsborough Valley section, Wooroonooran National Park
Closure status: A facility or feature within the park is closed
- Park or facility closure
- 19 August 2021 to 29 June 2023
- 19 August 2021 10:54am
- 29 June 2022 9:21am
This alert applies to the following parks:
- Wooroonooran National ParkTropical North Queensland
- Goldsborough Valley, Wooroonooran National ParkTropical North Queensland
- Goldfield trail, Wooroonooran National ParkTropical North Queensland
The Wajil walk (Kearneys Falls walking track) is currently closed. This track which starts adjacent to the Bora Ground camping area is barricaded off and remains closed until further notice. We are working closely with Traditional Owners to determine if this culturally significant area is suitable and safe for public access.
Visitors are asked to adhere to all safety signs and directions from local rangers and not to enter this area.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.
- Camping bookings
- Book online at www.qld.gov.au/camping