Pest control program: Oyala Thumotang National Park (CYPAL)
- 20 August to 30 November 2021
- 18 August 2021 12:19pm
This alert applies to the following park:
- Oyala Thumotang National Park (CYPAL)Tropical North Queensland
Visitors are advised that Queensland Parks and Wildlife Services will be conducting cattle mustering activities throughout Oyala Thumotang National Park (CYPAL) until 30 November 2021 as part of the pest control program to remove feral cattle. The park, including all camping areas in the Langi, Coen River and Archer Bend sections, will remain open to the public during this period.
For your safety:
- follow all signs and directions from rangers
- do not interfere with any control vehicles, equipment, or cattle
- travel with caution along park access tracks.
Helicopters may be heard and seen flying at low altitude during this period.
All control activities are conducted in accordance with approved departmental pest management plans and help protect native plants and wildlife from the harmful effects of introduced animals.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.
- 13 19 40