Hazard reduction burning: Cape Melville National Park (CYPAL)
- 22 June to 31 August 2021
- 22 June 2021 4:10pm
This alert applies to the following park:
- Cape Melville National Park (CYPAL)Tropical North Queensland
Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service together with Cape Melville, Flinders & Howick Islands Aboriginal Corporation will be conducting a series of planned burns throughout Cape Melville National Park (Cape York Peninsula Aboriginal Land) during June, July and August 2021.
- These burns are part of the annual hazard reduction and conservation management program for parks and forests.
- The aim of these burns is to reduce the volume of forest fuels and to create a mosaic pattern of burnt and unburnt areas, which help reduce the intensity of any subsequent wildfires and provide favourable conditions for natural forest revegetation.
- Motorists are advised that smoke can decrease visibility on the roads and to drive safely according to conditions.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.
- 13 19 40