Flood and Storm Damage - Lamington National Park- partially open
Closure status: A facility or feature within the park is closed
- Park or facility closure
- 8 March to 1 October 2021
- 8 March 2021 9:48am
- 30 July 2021 10:37am
As a result of flood and storm damage, some walking tracks within Lamington National Park have reopened, while others are temporarily closed until declared safe.
QPWS rangers are currently working on repairs.
OPEN walking tracks in Binna Burra section:
- Caves circuit
- Coomera circuit
- Daves Creek circuit
- Rainforest circuit
- Tullawallal circuit
- Gwongoorool track
- Border Track
- Illinbah track
- Upper section of Lower Bellbird circuit (i.e. Upper Ballunjui)
- Arucaria lookout track with CAUTION due to fallen trees
- Mount Hobwee circuit with CAUTION due to fallen trees
- Wagawn track with CAUTION due to fallen trees
- The Ship Stern circuit with CAUTION due to fallen trees
All tracks in the Green Mountains section are OPEN.
OPEN - Gold Coast Hinterland Great walk:
- The Gold Coast Hinterland Great walk with detour along the Caves circuit at Binna Burra (as displayed in separate Park Alert)
CLOSED walking tracks in Binna Burra section:
- Lower Bellbird circuit - fire damaged (as displayed in separate Park Alert)
All remote and bush camping sites are OPEN
For your safety please use caution whilst visiting the park—while some walking tracks remain open, bushwalkers may still encounter fallen trees.
Observe all signage, barriers, and directions from rangers and do not enter closed areas.
Commercial tour operators and other permit or agreement holders are not permitted to enter closed areas.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.
- 13 19 40