Flood and Storm Damage - Lamington National Park partially open
Closure status: A facility or feature within the park is closed
- Park or facility closure
- 8 March to 25 June 2021
- 8 March 2021 9:48am
- 15 April 2021 3:49pm
As a result of flood and storm damage, some walking tracks within Lamington National Park have reopened, while others are temporarily closed until declared safe. Flood waters, damaging winds and heavy rainfall have caused flash flooding, fallen trees, rock falls, washouts, track scouring and other hazards.
QPWS rangers are currently working on repairs. Observe all signage, barriers and directions from rangers and do not enter closed areas.
OPEN walking tracks in Binna Burra section:
- Caves circuit
- Coomera circuit with CAUTION due to fast flowing and rising creek crossings
- Daves Creek circuit
- Rainforest circuit
- Tullawallal circuit
- Border Track
- Upper section of Lower Bellbird circuit (i.e. Upper Ballunjui) with CAUTION due to fast flowing and rising creek crossings
- Arucaria lookout track with CAUTION due to fallen trees
- Mount Hobwee circuit with CAUTION due to fallen trees
- Wagawn track with CAUTION due to fallen trees
- The Ship Stern circuit with CAUTION due to fallen trees and fast flowing and rising creek crossings
OPEN walking tracks in Green Mountains section:
- Centenary track
- Forestry camp track
- Morans Falls track
- Python Rock track
- Rainforest return
- Border Track
- Albert River circuit
- Box Forest circuit with CAUTION due to fast flowing and rising creek crossings
- West Canungra Creek circuit with CAUTION due to fast flowing and rising creek crossings and risk of landslides/rockfalls
- Toolona Creek circuit with CAUTION due to fast flowing and rising creek crossings
OPEN - Gold Coast Hinterland Great walk:
- The Gold Coast Hinterland Great walk with detour along the Caves circuit at Binna Burra (as displayed in separate Park Alert)
CLOSED walking tracks in Binna Burra section:
- Gwongoorool track - DANGEROUS landslides and rockfalls
- Illinbah circuit - fire damaged (as displayed in separate Park Alert)
- Lower Bellbird circuit - fire damaged (as displayed in separate Park Alert)
OPEN remote and bush camping sites:
- Mount Bithongabel, Echo Point, Rat-a-tat, Lost World Creek and Saddle, Stinson, Point Lookout, Running Creek,
CLOSED remote and bush camping sites:
- Illinbah and Darlington.
For your safety please use caution whilst visiting the park—while some walking tracks remain open, bushwalkers may still encounter falling trees or recently fallen trees due to the soft, saturated ground, and rising or fast flowing creeks. Remember—if it's flooded, forget it, even on our walking tracks!
Commercial tour operators and other permit or agreement holders are not permitted to enter closed areas.
Park Alerts will be regularly updated regarding conditions on park, paricularly following severe weather events or natural disasters.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.
- 13 19 40