Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Annual seasonal closure period for all Lamington bush camping areas
Closure status: A facility or feature within the park is closed
- Park or facility closure
- 1 December 2020 to 31 January 2021
- 27 November 2020 3:27pm
- 1 December 2020 4:15pm
Due to the annual seasonal closure period, all bush camping areas are closed from 1 December 2020 to 31 January 2021 (2 months), to enable natural regeneration and rehabilitation of the camping areas.
As a result, the following bush camping areas are temporarily closed for the duration of the annual closure period:
Bush camping—on-track sites
- Mount Bithongabel bush camp site
- Echo Point bush camp site; and
- Illinbah bush camp site
Bush camping—off-track remote sites
- Point Lookout remote bush camp site
- Rat-a-Tat remote bush camp site
- Stinson remote bush camp site
- Lost World—Creek remote bush camp site
- Lost World—Saddle remote bush camp site
- Running Creek remote bush camp site; and
- Darlington remote bush camp site
Camping permits for all closed areas are suspended for the duration of the closure.
Observe all signage, barriers and directions from rangers, and do not enter closed areas.
Commercial tour operators and other permit or agreement holders are not permitted to enter closed areas.
Please note this closure does not apply to the O'Reilly's Campground situated in Green Mountains section of Lamington National Park, as it continues to operate normally and is open for bookings.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.
- 13 19 40