Warning - Marine stingers K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Sandy National Park 01 November to 31 May
- 1 November 2020 to 31 May 2021
- 25 November 2020 12:09pm
Marine stingers and other dangerous marine life are present, especially during the summer months, in the waters off K'gari (Fraser Island), Hervey Bay and the Great Sandy Strait.
- Marine stingers have been reported by swimmers on the western side of K'gari (Fraser Isalnd) in particular Platypus Bay and around creeks, including Awinya and Wathumba.
- Several visitors have been stung in recent years, with symptoms requiring paramedic attention.
- Medical assistance is limited on K'gari (Fraser Island) and visitors are advised to take this into consideration.
- Marine stingers and some other marine life can cause serious injury or death.
- Swimming is not recommended.
In an emergency: dial Triple Zero (000).
Your safety is our concern but your responsibility.
For further information please visit www.des.qld.gov.au
For an updated conditions report visit us online at www.des.qld.gov.au/fraser
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.
- 13 19 40