Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Forts Junction Hub upgrade construction
- 9 November 2020 to 31 May 2021
- 3 November 2020 11:58am
- 19 February 2021 4:30pm
This alert applies to the following park:
- Magnetic Island National ParkTownsville
Construction is underway at the Forts Junction Hub on Magnetic Island. No vehicle or scooter parking or stopping is allowed at the Forts Junction site. Forts Walk closed. Construction will be completed May 2021.
- The Forts Walk will be partially closed 15-26 February 2021. The track will be closed Monday-Friday 6am – 5pm. Pedestrians can access after 5pm weekdays and all day on the weekend.
- The Forts Walk will be fully closed from 1 March 2021. This includes access out of work hours and weekends, until further notice.
- There is NO PARKING for vehicles or scooters at the Forts Junction area, until further notice.
- There is no space for DROP OFF OR PICK UP at the Forts Junction.
- The BUS STOPS at the Forts Junction will be CLOSED.
- Access to the Radical Bay Road will be CLOSED to all but essential traffic for the next month – this includes pedestrian access.
- Walkers can access Radical Bay Road via alternative route from Horseshoe Bay.
- Traffic disruptions will occur, and motorists should allow for delays when traveling between Horseshoe Bay and Arcadia.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.
- 13 19 40