Forts Junction Hub upgrade construction
Closure status: A facility or feature within the park is closed
- Park or facility closure
- 1 March to 31 May 2021
- 3 November 2020 11:58am
- 12 April 2021 2:57pm
This alert applies to the following park:
- Magnetic Island National ParkTownsville
Construction is underway at the Forts Junction including the entrance of the Forts Walk. Reconstruction of the main road within the Forts Junction site commences 15th April 2021. The Forts Walk and Radical Bay Road entrance will be fully closed to all pedestrian and vehicles until further notice. Construction is progressing well and is on track to be completed in May 2021. QPWS thanks the community and visitors for their ongoing patience and support during these important upgrades and apologises for any inconvenience caused by these closures.
The Forts Walk will be fully closed to all pedestrian and service vehicle access until further notice.
The Telstra track from Horseshoe Bay to The Forts Junction is also closed when to ensure public safety.
FORTS JUNCTION HUB CONSTRUCTION
From 15th April 2021:
- The Forts Walk will be FULLY CLOSED until further notice.
- Access to the Radical Bay Road is CLOSED to all but essential traffic until further notice – this includes pedestrian access.
- TRAFFIC DISRUPTIONS will occur, and motorists should allow for delays when traveling between Horseshoe Bay and Arcadia. Traffic lights will be in use.
- There is NO PARKING for vehicles or scooters at the Forts Junction area, until further notice.
- There is no space for DROP OFF OR PICK UP at the Forts Junction, until further notice.
- The BUS STOPS at the Forts Junction are CLOSED. The bus drivers will provide information about alternative bus stops.
- Walkers can access Radical Bay Road via alternative route using Horseshoe Bay – Radical Bay Walking track.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.
- 13 19 40