Visitors to Great Barrier Reef reminded to be SharkSmart
- 14 October 2020 to 23 August 2022
- 20 October 2020 10:42am
- 23 August 2021 3:43pm
This alert applies to the following parks:
- Whitsunday Islands National ParkWhitsundays
- Whitsunday national park islandsWhitsundays
- Capricornia Cays National ParkGladstone
- Curtis Island National Park and Conservation ParkGladstone
- Keppel Bay Islands National Park and Keppel Bay Islands National Park (Scientific)Capricorn; Gladstone
Visitors to the Great Barrier Reef islands and beaches reminded to be SharkSmart:
- Don't swim at dawn or dusk
- Always swim in clear water (not in murky water, busy anchorages, estuary mouths or canals)
- Don't throw food scraps or fish waste overboard or into the water from the beach (including in anchorages or where people are swimming)
- Don't swim where fish are being cleaned
- Swim, surf, snorkel or dive with a buddy.
For more information visit https://www.daf.qld.gov.au/sharksmart
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.
- 13 19 40