Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Campsite closures - due to COVID19 social distancing rules
Closure status: A facility or feature within the park is closed
- Park or facility closure
- 19 September to 11 October 2020
- 11 July 2020 9:01am
This alert applies to the following park:
- Carnarvon Gorge, Carnarvon National ParkCapricorn; Outback Queensland
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, some campsites in Carnarvon Gorge camping area over the September 2020 school holidays will be closed.
* Due to social-distancing regulations, there is no guarantee that you will be camping where you booked previously. You will need to select a campsite on your arrival.
* Please do not attempt to visit any closed areas, unless authorised, for your own safety and protection, and that of your community.
* Please exercise appropriate hygiene with regard to washing hands with soap, use of sanitisers, and leave no trace behind when you depart.
* We request those who are able to be self-contained do so to reduce the number of people using the facilities
We apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience this may cause, and really appreciate your understanding during the unpredictable times we are experiencing.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with camping booking enquiries.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.
- 13 19 40