Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Great Sandy Information Centre to reopen from Friday 10 July
- Park or facility opening
- 10 July to 10 August 2020
- 10 July 2020 4:06pm
This alert applies to the following parks:
- Conondale Range Great WalkSunshine Coast; Brisbane
- K'gari (Fraser Island), Great Sandy National ParkFraser Coast
- K'gari (Fraser Island) Great WalkFraser Coast
- Inskip Peninsula Recreation AreaSunshine Coast
- Cooloola Recreation Area, Great Sandy National ParkSunshine Coast
The Great Sandy Information Centre located at Tewantin will reopen to customers on Friday 10 July 2020 from 8am to 3pm daily.
Camping and vehicle access permits (VAP) can be purchased over the counter or via self-serve kiosks within the building. Camping tags and VAP stickers are available 24hrs on the outside of the building for those who have booked using their own device.
Staff will also be available to provide information on Restricted Access Area Authorities (RAAAs) for Cooloola Recreation Area.
For the safety of staff and visitors a number of COVID-19 measures are in place.
We appreciate your support by observing the 1.5m social distancing rules and maintaining good hygiene when visiting the centre.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.
- 13 19 40