Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Binna Burra walking tracks partial closure
Closure status: A facility or feature within the park is closed
- Fire closure or access restriction
- 7 September 2019 to 2 November 2020
- 7 September 2019
- 4 September 2020 2:59pm
As a result of damage due to wildfire, certain walking tracks within Binna Burra section of Lamington National Park remain temporarily closed until declared safe.
QPWS rangers are currently working on repairs. Observe all signage, barriers and directions from rangers and do not enter closed areas.
This closure applies to:
- Illinbah circuit;
- Gwongoorool track;
- The Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk and lower portion of the Lower Bellbird circuit (detour in place - see separate Park Alert). Access to Ships Stern circuit is still available via upper section of Lower Bellbird ciicuit;
- Illinbah and Darlington remote bush camps; and
- Toilets in the Lower Day-use Area (adjacent to car park).
All other walking tracks and facilities within the Binna Burra section are open, including the upper and lower day-use areas.
Additionally, all facilities and walking tracks are open in the Green Mountains (O'Reilly's) section of Lamington National Park.
The Department of Transport and Main Roads has advised that motorists can still expect delays and disrtuption to access, as road works continue under traffic control and stop/slow conditions. Motorists are reminded to drive to conditions.
Commercial tour operators and other permit or agreement holders are not permitted to enter closed areas.
Please monitor Park Alerts for updated information on park conditions.
Please monitor Queensland Traffic for updated information regarding road and traffic conditions.
In an emergency situation, call 000.
For the latest information on fires in your area please contact QFES.
- 13 19 40