Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
The Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) commissioned a 12 month community survey—undertaken by Newspoll—to determine the community visitation of national parks, marine parks and other QPWS managed areas across Queensland. This survey provides QPWS with information to guide ongoing investment in visitor facilities and services, and to assist with planning and park management.
Specific research objectives included:
- Obtain estimates of visits to QPWS managed parks including terrestrial and marine parks (including frequency of visit and total visits).
- Determine the main reason and activities undertaken during visits to the park.
- Estimate the proportion of visitors participating in different activities during their visit to the park.
- Compare visits and participation in activities by different demographic groups.
- Estimate level of satisfaction with last visit to the park.
- Collect information on visitor participation in specific activities on the South East Queensland Horse Trail Network, and attitudes to activities such as horse riding, mountain biking, trail bike riding and four-wheel driving.
- Compare findings from earlier community surveys and research from other states.
A summary of the survey results can be downloaded below.
For further enquiries contact us.